Soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm bringing a new soil pipe into the bathroom for a new loo.

I was planning to bring the soil pipe through on the horizontal but I've noticed these 104 degree angled pan connectors. Should I be bringing the soil pipe through at angle to suit or is horizontal Ok with a straight connector.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The soil pipe should have a fall of 1/40. ie, 10mm fall to every 400mm in length.

eg, If your pan connection is 1.2m away from point of exiting wall then you should have a minimum height difference of 30mm (so if your pan connector is 200mm to center then the soil pipe exiting the wall will be 170mm to center).

The toilet is immediately on the other side of the 8inch brick wall, so the pipe length is little more than that and mostly in the wall. Its the angle thru the brickwork that I'm trying to get right and for such a short distance the fall (5mm) is hardly worth worrying about. Am I right ?

Sponsored Links
Dont most Branch connectors Have a 92.5degree socket giving a 2.5degree upwards angle? which should give the correct minimum fall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back