solar hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am new to this site and I am trying to find out as much info on DIY solar hot water as possible. Searching the web I came across a posting from Boatie back in 2004 mentioning a very effective solar collector and the need for a therrmostatic mixing or blending valve.
So.... is Boatie still available for comment or does anybody know what is(are) his panel(s) made from.
Also, is there any knowledge about an italian firm Ati Marachi who make DISCOTERM solar collectors and is there a combined solar heat pump solution that doesn't require doubling my mortgage.
Just a small request, as I'm new....
Dave1

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info,
I know the company but the website is only in Italian, and I do not speak Italian.
However, has anyone ever installed one of these???
Dave1

Just a note on Babelfish and translation,
am I the only person who finds the translation lacking somewhat? I understand Itlaian better than I understand the babelfish translation into English.....

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Im looking at solar hot water. Systems I have found on the web are

solartwin - which looks expensive for what it is (and is described as cheap rubbish by one installer I spoke to)

viessmann - which is descroibed as excellent by the installer but doesnt seem to be available to the diy'er

navitron.org.uk which looks cheap (starting at about £1200) for an evacuated tube system (but is again described as chinese rubbish by the installer I spoke to - although without any argument)

sonnenkraft - which comes in at about £2500, but is claimed to be high quality.

I'm skeptical of results which are not independent - so has anyone seen/used any of these ?

Any other good sites/sources that I've missed ? It sounds like evac tubes are the way to go, maybe with a heat store ?

M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back