SolidWoodKitchens

Oddly, someone from solidwoodkitchens posted on another (car-related) forum that I'm on and immediately posted an advert for their kitchens.

The URL was deliberately spelled incorrectly (used commas instead of dots). The cynic in me thinks that this is so that people on our forum would just think it was a typo, but that anyone searching for the real URL would not find that forum, and so would not go onto it and issue a warning.

Because of this thread, a number of us recognised it and the thread and account was deleted pretty quickly.

So, if anyone is looking out for adverts and postings by this mob, try mis-spelled URLs, commas, etc

Sponsored Links
@xdave,

The web address is http://solidwoodkitchen.co.uk/index.php

They send a salesman around to do the ordering; pay on delivery either by banker's draught or cash.

Whether I lose out or not, I just hope others read this so they're not caught.

Had this Indian guy few weeks ago, exactly same story, £100 deposit etc..
I've been just too suspicious when he got my kitchen dimensions wrong, when he asked for deposit and I've sad no.. he went mad, became rude and tried to force me to make order..

http://www.solidwoodkitchen.co.uk/ looks like a bunch of crooks.

they seem to ask for a £100 deposit. If they find a few mugs a day that's a useful income.

I notice they have no real-world address on their website, or company information. Their website has some Chinese development on it.

More spam from them today.

I'd definitely avoid solidwoodkitchen or solidwoodkitchens

Sponsored Links
The problem with these criminals - yes criminals - is that they laugh at the law.

If they are found out, the worst that can happen to them is that they will need to close down their company and start again under a different name. Clearly, this 'punishment' has little effect as there seems to be so many dishonest companies like this one making money hand over fist from innocent people.

The only way this sort of thing is going to be stopped is by imposing realistic punishments. Custodial sentences or, better still, removal of their homes and property. These could then be sold to recompense the victims.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen in this country, though.

Agree. We are currently looking for kitchen worktops and there is an astonishing number of companies that claim to do them online, cheap and mail order.
But delving deeper with google shows that half of them have multiple complaints against them.

((note that this isn't a request for decent worktop suppliers - just me moaning about the fact that there is no way to measure trust or faith in so many would-be suppliers))

Sorry to hear of any of your troubles with these criminals.

The first check on any company thats going to take a deposit, or monies of any kind, is to check out their office or showroom address. If no address available, then bail out immediately.

If you have doubts about an address, then use google to locate a nearby retailer - any retailer - and ask if the supposed supplier is obviously at the supposed address.

Next, look up their registered address, if they claim to be a registered company.

If they are practiced in deception, then perhaps publicise them, and then forget it. You wont see any money - ever.

They've started spamming here. Just reported one in In The Garden. They relentlessly spammed a different forum I was a member of for weeks on end multiple posts in every sub-forum through the night.

Sponsored Links
Back