solved decreasing pressure now opposite problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You guys helped me out last month when I had a new expansion vessel to cure pressure dropping to zero. This morning no CH no DHW and pilot light off. Outside loads of water had leaked from PRV (talking quite a few pints) and pressure gauge at 3.00 (usually 0.7) with boiler cold.
Have sent for Cogi Man but does this look serious. (Boiler Glow worm Swift Flow 120 7 years old and relatively trouble free until recently

Look forward to any comments

Sponsored Links
Hi Kev

Just been down to the house where the combi is located and noticed that the tap on the filling loop was not exactly 'square on'. I have now tightened the tap and relight the boiler. Not sure how to reduce the presssure from 3.00 (not a plumber or corgi man I)but corgi man comes tomorrow to check and combi will be used for HOT WATER ONLY until then.

Since I have had the boiler the filling loop has never been taken off and if the problem is the one mentioned above then I now know why the loop should be disconnected

Cheers
Dave

open the drain tap and let it out or open a bleed on a rad and use a bucket
check the prv isnt dripping as well or you could be back in the same boat :)

Sponsored Links
As you've already lost a lot through the prv you might as well use that to let some more water out. It's a red knob, usually tapered. Turn it and you'll feel it rise(open) then snap shut.

cheers. Will do the radiator route.
Corgi man can still come as it was he who left the tap slightly open.

Dave

your corgi man has let the dog out once ! do you really trust him to look after it again ?

bit of a stupid statement, fitz 1 . you ever co*ked up? i have...ahem, but then im not corgi... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i prefer the countryside. :cool:

kev. im on the kero @ the moment.....err what the f£kk are we talking about ?:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back