SOLVED - Wiring in Drayton Digistat +3 from old Honeywell

stem";p="3316482 said:
The blue is not a neutral, it is a switched wire.
I'm not sure how you work that out, because that would mean of the three wires one is live and the other two are two switched lives,

From here:

[/quoteThe Digistat has:

1- C
2- On
3 - Off

However a circuit that was later poster showed the above to be wrong.

Should be
1- C
2- Neutral
3- On
4- Off

Sponsored Links
Not mastered quoting yet, I see.

The blue definitely is, or should be, a neutral.

The pictures are not of the digistat which only requires live and switched live - red and yellow.

dsc02211.jpeg

honeywellt6360wi.jpeg
Taken from this page seem to show 2 is neutral.

The 22083 is a battery model so only two wire the neutral is not used. So only yellow and red are required.

With the old model if the blue is not connected it will still work but the difference between on and off become excessive. [/url]

Thank you all for your comments.

I'm still a little confused.

Should it be?

1 (Red) Live- C
3 (Yellow/Brown) Switch- On

Sponsored Links
The strange voltages you have measured do not conform to what we would normally expect, which is:

Terminal 2 = Neutral (Blue)
Terminal 3 = Switched Live (Yellow with brown sleeve)
Terminal 1 = Live (Red)

As a result it would appear that they are not connected as they should be at the other end.

From your readings, we suspect; that possibly the neutral is not connected to a neutral, but this won't effect the operation of the new thermostat as it doesn't need it anyway. So it would be insulated and tucked out of the way

Also, it's possible that the switch wires are transposed, which again won't effect the operation of your new thermostat because it is just a potential free switch.

If and only if, the present thermostat is turning the heating on and off correctly, then moving the existing switch wires (presently in terminals 1 & 3) to the new thermostat switch wires (Common and On) as you state above will achieve the same thing.

But I think it would be wise to have someone check out the rest of the installation just to be on the safe side.

Many thanks to all who helped on this.

The answer was:

Common - Red
On - Yellow.

Seems to be working and has not blown any fuses.

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back