Something between the plasterboard walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I've had a quick look in the forums and I can't find anything to answer my query.

I started to make some holes in my kitchen wall to fit a shelf, something I've done elsewhere in the house and had worked out fine.
Behind the plasterboard wall there seems to be some kind of metal sheet? I've stopped drilling now as I've no idea what it is! Any help with this or advice as to either stopping or if it's ok to use the area would be greatly appreciated, I'll try to attach a photo of the hole including metal sheet behind.

Update: the picture doesn't show very clearly but the nobly metal sheet seems to go all the way along the opposing wall it's not in between them and isn't sticking out or anything.

Thanks In advance for any help :)

Frazer

Sponsored Links
Metal studwork , timber used to be used exclusively but metal is lighter and quicker to fix, you can pilot hole with a small 2-3mm bit and screw into or use self tapping screws straight into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back