Sony TV XH95/49" and Virgin Tivo remote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon,
In the last week I have bought a XH95 (49"), it was from a deceased estate at auction, but the remote is missing, and I must say I am very impressed after setting it all up,I have the sound via hdmi Arc into a panasonic home theatre system, and the input is Virgin Media Tivo into hdmi 1.
At the moment I change channels useing the virgin remote, I control volume useing the panasonic remote, and switch the TV on/off with an old sony remote rm-ed035.
My problem as you may have allready guessed is,....trying to enable the virgin remote to operate all functions, which it did indeed do on our previous Grundig 49".
I have followed the virgin video, and entered approx 36 different codes, to try and pair it all up, but none of them do the trick.
Can anybody help with this?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but I'm trying to get the Virgin remote to do the lot, which I did previously on the Grundig, but no luck so far with the Sony.

Sponsored Links
If you followed the video, and the VM box detected the Sony TV, then offered codes for it from the onscreen display, then the issue is either the button sequence isn't being followed correctly (dodgy button, perhaps?) or the remote needs to be reset, then paired again with the box first. This is a version of "switch it off, then back on".

Sony uses a fairly small set of IR commands for the core features of its TVs. There's some variation because of different features between successive models. Look up the remote reset procedure, then go through pairing the Virgin remote with the Virgin box. Before you try the code thing again, take your phone and put into camera mode. Next, point the remote at the camera so you can see the image on the phone screen. Press each of the buttons and see if you can spot the IR remote's emitter flashing. Try each of the buttons that you will use in the programming sequence.

20211019_231043.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back