Sorry another what alarm to buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking for a recommendation for a house alarm wired or wireless I have access to everywhere except the only entrance door but could add a pir at the top of the stairs pointing down to the door instead of a contact sensor, I fitted a CEF own branded wired alarm around 20 years ago but this was removed around 5 years ago when it started playing up, it is a first (top) floor flat with 1 door on side of building with a straight internal stairway up, so what would you recommend

Sponsored Links
Hi sorry no existing wiring left, from the new control panel the furthest sensor will be a maximum of 6m away unless I have to go for a door sensor which would add another 4m on, I would like to be updated on my iPhone of any triggers.
As a diy’er I would think I need pir sensors covering the back bed room and kitchen with another covering the hall which would cover both the hall and bathroom, and either a pir or door contact for the front door and a remote keypad at the front door
Thanks

There are lots of options available to you and your looking for a wireless system with an App.

Pyronix enforcer, Texecom Elite, Galaxy etc etc as there is no hard wiring left and you don't intend to do any more wiring, than its a completely wireless option you looking for.

There are lots of systems and all at different prices.

Make a list of all the rooms / doors you require sesnors for, where you are going to put the main panel and or the keypad.

It is advisable not to have the main control panel on the entry route, but some panels have built in keypads making it unavoidable unless you add a second keypad / arming station.

Sponsored Links
Thanks main panel will be in a central cupboard with the keypad at the entry point, I am more than happy to do a wired system if that is what is recommended, I can get access from the loft to the pir’s and Control panel and external box the only problem is the front door contact that would be difficult to reach so I could have a pir at the top of the stairs covering the door if that was suitable, but wireless if that was recommended for the short distances involved with the signal and an easier/quicker install
Thanks

hard wired if possible is the best option, that's not saying you cant have a hybrid panel, where both are possible.

Hardwired = no batteries or sleep periods to worry about, hardwired components are cheaper to buy but longer to install, if cables are run discreetly.

I'll throw my oar in and recommend the new Pyronix Euro 64s wired panel with digi wifi XA to allow apps control....

This panel is now my panel of choice..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back