Space Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Been in a marquee in the depths of winter and they had those kind of heaters to warm the thing up, good performance and fast warm up.

Been in a marquee in the depths of winter and they had those kind of heaters to warm the thing up, good performance and fast warm up.

Seems to be ideal for a quick burst of heat ! just need to find out if you can control the heat output ! seems to me that they are on full blast !
cheers :)

Seems to be ideal for a quick burst of heat ! just need to find out if you can control the heat output ! seems to me that they are on full blast !

You assume right. These are a either on or off there is no temperature regulation on these apart from an overheat stat on them. If you want to adjust the heat look for something with a variable heat output.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget that all the combustion fumes go straight into and stay in the heated space unless you open the door for fresh air and let all the heat out! I think you'll find they should only be used in a ventilated space.

I've never liked the idea of breathing carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide....could be deadly.

Don't forget that all the combustion fumes go straight into and stay in the heated space unless you open the door for fresh air and let all the heat out! I think you'll find they should only be used in a ventilated space.

I've never liked the idea of breathing carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide....could be deadly.

Maybe getting a bit complicated ! what about using a cooker in a caravan for instance ? this uses propane ! in a very confined space ! anyway my garage is very draughty & pretty large ! so enogh ventilation i would think. I need a quick source of heat ! don't want to use leccy so haven't many options !

check the manufacturer on appropriate use. a cooker uses far less than a space heater. i was very nearly done by one of these as an apprentice in digs.

Maybe getting a bit complicated ! what about using a cooker in a caravan for instance ? this uses propane ! in a very confined space ! anyway my garage is very draughty & pretty large ! so enogh ventilation i would think. I need a quick source of heat ! don't want to use leccy so haven't many options !

Not sure what you mean by complicated, just pointing out the potential dangers of burning gas in a confined space.

I have to say that I have never liked gas cookers due to burning gas in a potentially closed room and caravan cookers and heaters worry me for very obvious reasons. Many air bricks/vents have been blocked up to stop draughts even where there are gas burning appliances.

My sister-in-law used to sleep at night in a caravan with the gas cooker on to keep warm until I suggested she was lucky she was still alive! She had a mains supply and electric heater but refused to use it because it was expensive!

I use a Redring Sunfan 3.0kW wall mounted fan heater

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...ng+sunfan&searchbutton.x=16&searchbutton.y=10

A bit pricey but can be found cheaper on ebay and it's safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back