Speech dialler location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, sorry if this is a security sensitive question but where are speech diallers generally fitted?, The dialler I have bought is a texecom speech and text, Also can you recommend a filter of some sort, I have read that these diallers may cause interference with the landline.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Mostly fitted next to main control panel as you require an output to trigger the dialler,the bell trip can be used if no outputs available.

Vodafone has closed down the tap number so you will need to use another tap service for the sms unit to work.
Screenshot_20180426-175942.png

Thanks, I am with virgin mobile, the manual doesn't seem to mention this provider. will I need to install some kind of filter between the dialler to avoid interference? or will it just be fine to wire it directly to a master or slave socket.

Sponsored Links
Not on virgin media as the broadband uses the coax
Just connect the telephone line to the dialled
The texecom text dialled will have sms tap number for Vodafone already pre programmed.
This number 07785499993 has been turned off you will have to enter another number otherwise it will not send text messages.
You can Google tap numbers,but open tap works but text costs can be expensive @ 0.50p per text

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back