speedfit fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to connect to excisting copper pipe below floorboards using speedfittings and the plastic pipe that comes on 50M rolls?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
well is not been around as long as copper, so dont think anyone could answer that with accuracy. seems to be ok to me. if only had to sort out bad joints in speed fit, not proplems with pipes.
if your worried then do it copper

my plumber is useing it, and i thought it a bit DIY

It gives that impression!

Ive only once had to replace a section of burst plastic pipe. It was on cold main and about 10 years old. Personally i think it may have been damaged during installation as it was an odd place for it to go.

where do i get a shock arresters and what type should i get.
I also notice that speedfit barrier pipe can be bent round corners with the use of a plastic angled attachement, similar to those used on back of washing machine waste pipe. Are these available for Blue MDPE mains water pipes?

i mate of mine has 2 properties in hull . he rents them out. they are obviuosly in a bad area. when he bought the house the central heating had been ripped out already by the locals"

he put some tenants in. they moved out. a week later the copper pipework was gone. he had refitted and it was stolen yet again house empty and my mate lives in leicester.)

He finally went with plastic and that not been knicked yet, and probably wont be.
mind you its nearly impossible to get nice parallel drops etc as the pipe sags/bends with the heat !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back