Spots on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, does anybody know what these spots or stains on the walls are please? Is it some kind of mould? What's causing it and how to get rid of it? I guess it might be hard to see they're not dark looks as it is wet but it's round in shape, I'm not sure but doubt that water marks would look like that.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 20220911_114743.jpg
    20220911_114743.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220911_114705.jpg
    20220911_114705.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220911_114654.jpg
    20220911_114654.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
I may be damp, or it may be condensation. An easy way to test is to tape some bacofoil to the wall. If the surface facing you shows signs of moisture then you know that it is condensation. If after a few days, the back of the foil is damp, then it is more likely to be damp.

This is an exterior wall, I guess? is it rendered on the outside?

Has this happened recently?

Thank you, I might try that. Yeah, all on exterior walls. I'm not sure about rendering. Front of the house is stones and the side seems smooth.

Exterior walls.

Sometimes if there is rubble in the cavity, moisture or damp can track across the rubble and cause this effect.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, so it is a bit more complicated then. Probably not much can be done about it as it is a rented property I guess.

Stand back and take a wide pic of the whole wall to show the layout

And the wall outside, including drains, gutters, downpipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back