Spray painting entire room white.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rental flat that for years now, between tenants, I have been painting magnolia with white eggshell woodwork.

I've noticed recently that new "luxury" flats seem to go for the all white look. If this is now in vogue, it got me thinking about just masking windows, handles etc, and spraying the whole room white.

This would obviously save me a lot of time, but is there a paint that can be used with a sprayer that can go on walls, ceiling and woodwork?

Sponsored Links

When a large building is painted they use a pump fed roller but imho you're better off with a roller and a plan with a flat

Haha

With rolling and cutting in, and brushing on the woodwork, each room takes me a good couple of hours at least; if the demonstrations are anything to go by, a room can sprayed in 15mins.

I want to use the same paint for wall and woodwork and just spray it indiscriminately.

You could spray everything with waterbased eggshell.

You would need a decent airless sprayer to begin with. Then you would have to put up with the fact that waterbased paints in high traffic areas, such as door handles become really soft because of the oils in the skin on people's fingers.

Sponsored Links
Interesting.

Well I'd mask off metal door handles, so should negate that problem.

What's to stop me using emulsion on the already painted woodwork? Would it not adhere? Should I key it first?

You could spray everything with waterbased eggshell.

Something like this?:
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p75409?searchstr=Eggshell

That's actually the paint I've used on the woodwork before in said flat. I'm pleased with it, but never thought about also using it on the walls. Makes sense. Cheers.

Is a fair bit pricier than a emulsion though when you can get 15ltrs for £20, but this is a time saving exercise more than a money saving one.

The Leyland eggshell will be fine on the walls.

Apropos the paint and handles- sorry, I didn't mean paint the handles, I was referring to the fact that the paintwork near door knobs and handles would be less durable than an oil based paint.

Time saving- those videos don't show you the hours spent masking everything...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back