Square Drainage Adaptor 65mm To Round 40mm pipe?

I have a similar problem. My 1930s house has a combined drain so previous owners hacked off the bottom of the cast iron drainpipe at the side of the house, stuck a hopper into the 110mm drain on the ground and stuck a 40mm waste pipe from the dishwasher into the hopper too.

I put a 110mm to 68mm adapter into the drain, put in a gutter Y section in and reconnected the downpipe. But now left with a 40mm waste pipe going into a 68mm branch. Can't find a suitable adapter to reduce the 68mm hole to 40mm.

I too saw that you can buy 68mm to 50mm reducers and then 50mm to 40mm but if 50mm waste pipes won't fit 50mm rainwater pipe connectors then it looks like a new hopper is the only way. The only reason I wanted to replace it was because the hopper on the ground was too tempting for the kids and I've had to rescue several toys and stones before they fell into the drain.

Sponsored Links
Options (if possible!). (1.) Fit a 110mm branch at floor level, then fit the 68x110mm reducer into the top of the branch. Fit 40mm into unused socket of branch using 40x110mm reducer. Or (2.) Fit a short section of 110mm at ground level, connect 68mm pipe into the top as existing, then connect waste using a boss. Either way seals it up so no chance of foreign objects finding their way into the drain. ;)

Or option (3.) Leave as is. :LOL:

Yeah the problem is that the 110mm drain is right next to the wall of the house and angled towards it. It was difficult enough to fit the 110mm to 68mm adapter into the drain. I would need to find a sharply angled 110mm pipe that would squeeze in between the drain and the wall before fitting a branch or another section of 110mm pipe as suggested.

Sponsored Links
45deg bend is sharpest available, although may get a sharper angle using an adjustable bend. Failing that, dig it out and replace to suit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back