Stair Tread covers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an open wooden ladder style staircase in my Victorian house which is very steep and slightly slippery. I would like to find a way to cover the treads in something like sisal or coir which would make the steps less slippery, but without doing major DIY or putting vertical uprights in. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to do this? Or any pointers to websites or companies who might manufacture this kind of thing? Any suggestions much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
only asuggestion.

Repaint / varnish them, just before it drys sprinkle some sand on it

Not sure if this is suitable,you can get anti-slip sufaces tape for stairtread in all difference colour even neutral tape clear where appearance is of particular important.Tape width size 25/50/100/150mm up to 18m.Try this website www.keyind.co.uk and click onto Mats & Flooring.Best to order the catalogue,got some good stuff in there! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back