Sterilize 'em?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This story caught my eye.

Taking the child away was sad yes, but necessary? Maybe.

I see and hear news reports, particularly lately, that show evidence of far worse people than this particular mother. In the case of baby P for instance, it would have been much less cruel had this woman not given birth in the first place.

A while back a baby suffered a horrible death when the heroin addled mother allowed her baby to slip between the bed and a hot radiator.

Druggies, morons and violent psychopaths/paedophiles should be sterilized/castrated, no?

Sponsored Links
Druggies, morons and violent psychopaths/paedophiles should be sterilized/castrated, no?
And then you could move on to people with learning difficulties...(who some morons think are stupid)

Why not - it was done in sweden until the early eighties..

And you could of course take it a stage further, but a certain austrian corporal has already tried that.. ;)

And you could of course take it a stage further, but a certain austrian corporal has already tried that.. ;)

I was tempted to mention Adolf but decided the post was controversial enough.

If say a psychopathic paedophile meets a desperate drug addict then their combined evil could end up with them breeding a child purely for their depraved needs.

There is an argument, in this overpopulated and increasingly dependent world, for a person to be means (financial, emotional, intellectual) tested for appropriateness of parenting a child.

But who would play god? I would, if the expenses package was right!

Sponsored Links
If say a psychopathic paedophile meets a desperate drug addict then their combined evil could end up with them breeding a child purely for their depraved needs.
They could, but then how big a step to the 16yr old wanting a child to get a council flat?...or a couple 'breeding for benefits' ?

The thought that 'some people shouldn't be allowed kids' is all well and good, but the problem comes with who makes the decision!

There is an argument, in this overpopulated and increasingly dependent world, for a person to be means (financial, emotional, intellectual) tested for appropriateness of parenting a child.

But who would play god? I would, if the expenses package was right!

we used to have dog licences, John ?Cleese had a fish licence,
so whats wrong with a licence to breed :evil:

chemical castration of the populace with the antidote only handed out to those who pass the parenting criteria..
licence valid for one child only..
a second ( and final ) child could be applied for after 3 years, this waiting period could be suspended under exceptional circumstances such as the death of a child..

I don't think you would need to go as far as sterilizing them, there is a natural form of birth control which could be used :- Stop all their benefits and any financial help . Child benefit should be restricted to a maximum of 2 kids, any more you finance them yourselves, if you need a bigger house for your 11 kids go out and buy one

I once knew a (female) 'breeder' that had planned (and executed that plan) to have a large family.

She said that by having the children a certain ages, meant that the older ones could look after the younger ones, and that she would get shed-loads of benefit.

Win, win.

Luckily for her the older siblings were female, and her plan worked perfectly.

:(

I once knew a (female) 'breeder' that had planned (and executed that plan) to have a large family.
:(

I am no expert, but a single parent in receipt of Income Support with five children, could expect to receive £154.30 per week. Or £8,023.60 a year.

Not a lot, but then - they do not pay any rent or Council Tax!

Sponsored Links
Back