sterling 10 no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, Hopefully after a bit of info, my mother has a sterling 10 alarm system which was fitted 10 years ago. Today for no reason ( the alarm was disarmed ) the alarm sounded for about 5 minutes then turned itself off. When I went over she told me what had happened, I went to the control panel to reset the alarm, no power at display. checked for power going into the main alarm panel, there is, so i took the front off to find that the mains wires goes into what I would call a chocky block, then wires come out of the other end of the chocky block but no live there. is it possible that there is / should be a fuse there ? this is bottom left hand corner. top left hand corner are 4 glass 1.2 v fuses, think the 2nd one down has blew, but don't think this has anything to do with mains power. Any ideas are most welcome.
Jimmy

Sponsored Links
As per diagram

Attachments

• IMG_1679.PNG
    IMG_1679.PNG
    155.4 KB · Views: 95
Probably a fuse in the connector block ( it normally pulls out ) but probably the battery is also faulty

right beside the chocky block or possibly even attached is what I would describe as a standoff piece of plastic, which could possibly house a fuse, maybe I knocked it out accidentally, if so would this be an ordinary 13 amp fuse ? with regards to the battery, I tested the output, obviously it was not charging with no power, but output was only 2.6 volts. Would this really make a difference ? as I was under the impression that the sole objective of the battery was only to kick in when the electricity went off.
Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
As per diagram
Cant really make the diagram out as it is too big, only getting so much of it, but the bit I described as a stand off bit of plastic, is called a fuse carrier in your diagram, does this push in and pull out ?as I did try pushing in and pulling out and got no movement at all from it
Thanks

power at one side going in, but nopower at other end, coming out , does this fuse carrier take an ordinary household 13 amp fuse ?

Attachments

• alarm box.jpg
    alarm box.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 65

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back