Sterling 10 with dead battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Sterling 10 with (I guess) a dead battery (the alarm goes off when the power goes out). I don't have an engineer code for the alarm either.

I understand that I can change the battery in the control panel and that will fix the problem. So far, so easy in theory, but I am guessing it is more complex.

1) When I open the panel, I am going to set the tamper alarm off. Not having the engineers code, I assume there is nothing I can do about that and I just need to wait for the alarm to time out (15 minutes or so).

2) How can I remove the existing battery? Is it soldered in or just clipped in?

3) What type of battery is it?

4) Can I just put the battery in, close the alarm, and hey presto, everything is good again?

Thanks in advance..
:oops:

Sponsored Links
You are making it too difficult.

Open the panel. Tamper will sound (indoors only). Enter code to stop it. Unclip battery. Fit new battery. Close panel and enter code to clear tamper.

Best battery is the big 7 amp hour but a smaller one will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back