Stig by the dump...?

our local tip is run by a waste firm on behalf of the council. all the employees drive box vans to work and must be making a mint selling the good stuff in the small ads.
Used to be the case at out local tip that I could “make an offer” & I’ve bought some very useful stuff “on the hand”. The good stuff was always separated for you to look at & the anything they didn’t sell at the gate was “recycled” at a nearby auction house for the “Christmas fund”. Personally, I didn’t see anything wrong with it, Christ they don’t exactly earn that much; would you do it?

Apparently a change in “company policy” has meant that it’s now a sackable offense for our tip guys/girls to “sell on” & there is no longer anything to browse through whilst having a chat; but where does it end up? I go back to the designated “Spanish lay-bye recycle centre”; there are loads of them but at least the crap that’s left is all in one place, collected once a week & not in a ditch or some forest beauty spot. When will UK government & local councils realise that charging folks or even trades to dump rubbish of whatever category just doesn’t work, it’ll just end up dumped in local countryside & ditches & will then cost far more to remove than freebee tipping or even the Spanish lay bye approach! Perhaps that’s why my Spanish relatives only pay around £400 in council tax!

Sponsored Links
Council tax is the biggest rip-off in this country. I don't understand how Spain can have a half decent road system, decent hospitals, daily rubbish collection, police that actually police etc etc when the council tax is so low.

Sponsored Links
Back