Stop Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a converted building which contains 4 separate flats.

We have a cupboard which contains the main electric switches and meters etc. which supply each flat.

Also, at the bottom of the same cupboard are the mains water supply stop valves and pipework feeding each flat, and one of these has been leaking.

We can get this replaced, but I think it might be wise instead to move all the pipework elsewhere, in case of any further leaks as I am not sure how waterproof the electrical items in the cupboard would be if there was a more substantial leak. But the main question is would the current installation likely be against current building regulations? Some plumbers we have asked are understandably not keen to go anywhere near it.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If the water bits are below the electrical then thats not normally any problem.

Its probably just the gland nut on the shaft leaking.

Its the first smaller nut on the body where the shaft goes in. Try tightening it up a little.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back