Straight swap boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know people talk about it, but is is possible? I have a WB Greenstar 28i Junior, I believe circa 2009. It is working and fairly well maintained and has had a fair bit of the rotten plastic replaced in the past two year (flow turbine, hydraulic block, syphon assembly). It's maintained by my trusty engineer and when I suggest a replacement he says it's a good boiler with life still in it. If it were my house I would be fine with that, but I rent it out and I don't want to be in a situation where I'm on holiday, he's on holiday and something goes wrong with it (happened last year but the tenants were able to contain the drip till we got back) so I'm considering a planned replacement.

Anyway, basically he doesn't fit boilers, he's getting on a bit and can't compete with box slingers, but as he's also a mate of mine he'd probably consider it with my help (I think he struggles with lifting them on and off the wall) - if it were fairly easy - hence my question - would the latest WB just be a straight swap to the existing flue (or hole), jig and pipework? I believe the WB term is "Simple switch" but does it work in real life?

My own boiler knowledge is limited to old ideal classics where I believe it was quite easy to do.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if the new ones would be a straight swap, but if not, surely between the two of you, you can manage to adjust a few pipes to make it fit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back