Straightening PVC French Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a big headache with this problem!!
I have installed my conservatory (first time ever) and the french doors have been the bane of my life!! :evil:
I had a bricky to create the dwarf wall for me - but it wasn't built EXACTLY to plan - the wall leading to the opening was built 9mm too short and as such the window frame is 9mm hanging over the wall. As such when the doors went in they were squashed in with 9mm gap on the left and absolute zero room on the right. Now I have come to glaze it - the 2 doors aren't the same height (looks like it slants to the right) and I am guessing is is because of this tight squeeze via the dwarf wall - any ideas what I should do?

Sponsored Links
You will have to adjust the door frame within the opening such that it sits square & true or, as you’ve found, it will be impossible to successfully glaze it. I don’t entirely understand the problem from your description or if the misalignment is in the vertical or horizontal plane but the window overhanging the wall by 9mm doesn’t sound good. It is possible to trim the edges of the door frame but some photos along with a better description would help better understanding & maybe we can recommend a solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back