Strange electrical problem clock + Radio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I hope you will excuse me asking for help. I've been doing my head in with an electrical problem and could use some advice if you would be so kind. :)

I grabbed myself a 1999 Honda Civic 1.4i S yesterday, and spent the afternoon throwing in speakers and what not. Everything was working - all I had left to do was push the radio in! Well it was a tight fit, and evidently I gave it a little more force than one should. Now the radio doesn't turn on, and the car clock does not display anything unless I unplug the radio connector.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much...
Dan.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome jukes :D :D :D

unfortunatly its complety imposible to tell what has given
first thing to try is the fuse if it blows again do not try and replace without finding the short
now unfortunatly you need to remove the radio to check for power to rule out the supply and the radio
did the radio work before [the new radio ind old car or old radio in this car]!!!

odds on you trapped a cable when pushing the radio back in, best remove the set and check all connections are secure and well insulated.
no idea why the clock will come back on when you unplug the radio

Hey thanks guys. With the help of a friend, we have it sorted now. I'm embarrassed to say it was simply a fuse from the engine box!

That 'spare' yellow 12v permanent supply was touching the frame. Not too sure what the clock was all about, but alas, it works, although the display is now grey instead of orange. :eek: :LOL:

Thanks guys, I will keep this place firmly in mind and hope to help someone else one day!

Sponsored Links
Haha maybe. I will be sticking with the dark clock rather than pull that radio out again! :cool:

Back