Strange Pott Performa problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a pottrton performa 28i and i have the strangest of problems. When i run the hot water and theen turn it off the boiler keeps burning even though the heating is off. But when i turn the water temp dial right down it works. and on the diverter vavle the bottom plunger does not return when the water is turned off but again it oes when the temp ial is set to very low. PLEASE Help

Sponsored Links
How long does it stay on for after HW demand it may just be replenishing it store of already heated water .
Which is why its not doing it when you turn the HW stat down as this turns off the instant hot water facility

Sponsored Links
Hot water flow switch is sticking on.
Exactly which Performa is it?

Sorry I missed the i in your first post!
The "i" means instant, so it keeps some water hot ready for use.
That has to reheat when you've finished running water off.

As namsag's first reply then. If it OVERheated, it would lock out.
So it's working properly by the sound of things.

hi again, it doeslock out it will not switch back to heating. if i keep the water temt dial to low its ok but as soon as i turn the water dial up it trips and will not go back to heating ??????????? can you help.

Hi all heres a quick recap. when i run the hw its fine. but when i swithch it off the boiler will not switch back to heating. the lights go to 80 then it trips. i noticed that when the water is turned off the main burner flame drops a little from full burn but does not go out, then it trips. I also played with the bottom micro switch while the burner is on pushing it in and out and as i do so the flame goes back to full burn then drops down again. The pcb has been replace at a cost of £248 and the bottom diaphram has been replaced at a cost of £ 108. I have spent to much money on this boiler and think i have been rippe of which is why i need to fix my self.

Please help i havbe hadd 176 people look at this page and only a hand full of answers to date 11 nov 2008

You're very pushy and a bit rude for someone who is asking for help of a free forum. Maybe that is why there are so few replies.

Your problem has all the symptoms of a faulty DHW flow switch (i.e. the switch that activates when there is a demand for hot water).

Most common causes are a failing or failed diaphram, faulty DHW microswitch, sticky pin on the DHW flowswitch valve or a combination of any of the above.

Easiest way to tell is to disconnect the boiler from the mains, put a continuity meter across the DHW switch and test it for a bit. Then check the wiring between the switch and the PCB.

Thank you i have tested both micro switchs for contiuaty and both are fine. Both pin move in and as they should when demand for hw. I also tested wores between switch and board and they are fine too.
could this be a temprature problem ?

Andy

I'm not expert on your boiler but if it has a keep warm function for the hot water, it may have a faulty thermistor which is causing the stored water to overheat.

Are you able to turn off the keep warm function and see if it fixes the problem ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back