strange urges.. what's wrong with me?

I'm on the "late night cycle" again it seems..
since becoming unemployed, every few months I start going to bed later and later until I'm going to bed at 8am and sleeping until 4 or 5 at night..
eventually I just force myself stop up all day and then tend to crash out at about 8 or 9 pm and get up next day at 5am ish..

I'm not entirely convinced it's not some form of depression....
I really do recommend that you force yourself into a routine, even though you don't have to get up and go to work. Set the radio alarm for 7:30 (say), get up and make a cup of tea, go for a walk, wash, shave, put on clean clothes even if no-one else makes you do it.

Sponsored Links
since becoming unemployed, every few months I start going to bed later and later until I'm going to bed at 8am and sleeping until 4 or 5 at night..
eventually I just force myself stop up all day and then tend to crash out at about 8 or 9 pm and get up next day at 5am ish..

I really do recommend that you force yourself into a routine, even though you don't have to get up and go to work. Set the radio alarm for 7:30 (say), get up and make a cup of tea, go for a walk, wash, shave, put on clean clothes even if no-one else makes you do it.
Not too easy to implement , but it's the right way to go.
Discipline is required to get into a 'normal' routine, if not it will get further out of control, and possibly lead to depression, which will themn require tablets and so on.
Get out , stay fit. ;)

Every self employed person in this forum is really self unemployed. If we don't keep the work rolling in - then we are waiting for the bailiffs too. Get off your arse and go and get some work - then you'll be too tired to feel sorry for yourself.

I've always worked for other people even when I was "self employed" ( agency work, all sub contract stuff ) and mainly do industrial work.

I don't have the confidence to go out and tout for work in the industrial sector, and really don't have the experience to be competetive in the domestic market.. so I'm looking for employment with a firm who do all of the admin / paperwork side of it and arrange the jobs etc...

as a rule of thumb, small industrial jobs tend to go to mates or mates of a mate, and the larger stuff goes to companies with half a dozen or so sparkies on the books to get it done..

Sponsored Links
sorry to be heartless, but this is not relevant to your sleeping problems.

if I was even more heartless, I would say you are making excuses for yourself and waiting for a good fairy to come and solve your employment problems.

Many of us have been through it, and worse.

Only one person can be responsible for improving your life.

Getting yourself out of bed in the morning will be one step along that road.

Sorry.

And you expect sympathy re your unemployment? Get off your a**e and get some self employed work. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

I have no sympathy as I was in a similar position. Get off your lazy ass and work. Ive driven into big cities, towns and villages offering myself as a labourer. Ive then given a business card only to pick more work up.

Dont bleat on here. Only one person can... and thats you. :rolleyes:

:D

I don't have the confidence to go out and tout for work in the industrial sector.

Grow a backbone then. :rolleyes: The bayliffs are sniffing. You seem more scared of work than the heavy mob and bankrupcy wont help you. :rolleyes:

Ive been in your position, and I even delivered curries for 2 take-aways to earn a few quid (same time as labouring) and pay off the credit card. Stop worrying whats on the TV and concentrate on real life.

I slept like a baba when I found my bed - between 1 and 5 am

Pure pity is lost on me im afraid. :evil:

David.

ColJack, to paraphrase "a journey of thousand miles begins with a single step", so at the risk of repetition of previous advice, make a regular bed-time and a respectable get-up a part of your daily life.

And, it easier once BST starts (that was a fortnight ago....)

DH

Sponsored Links
Back