Strange valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Those 2 shots are of the same part I am having enormous problems with.
Where the arrow is, there is a leak, and I think I need a new one.

The markings on it are BS 1010-2, and WFJ 34 EN on the side towards the wall. I am unable to locate a replacement, and have been to many shops looking for it. Google doesnt seem to help me find a replacement either.

Anybody know what it is, and how to get hold of one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It looks like it's an integral part of whatever appliance (boiler?) you have just above it. Can you tell us what that appliance is?

From the top, it is the mains (with the stopvalve) I am in an apartment hence the mains comes from above. Directly below it goes to the boiler/house. To the right, it goes to the water meter, and returns (hence 2 connections on the right). The white thing you see is the water meter.

Sponsored Links
Well it's part of the water meter then!

It's a standard stop tap body (BS 1010) with an adaptor screwed into it to interpose the water meter in the supply. You can fix the leak yourself if you're up to turning the water off and dismantling the valve. First you need to look very carefully to see exactly where the drip originates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back