Stud Wall and Doorway - Buliding Regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Wondering if someone in the know, could tell me how I stand with the building regulations.

I've currently got an archway between my lounge and dining room and wish to build a stud wall with 4" x 2" with a set of double doors. Do I have to notify the building inspector about this?

Cheers in advance...

Sponsored Links
more info required.
when was the archway put in . age of house. is it a load bearing wall. is there a lintel or r.s.j. above the archway.more info the better and search forum for any terms you dont understand

The archway is completely false, in the sense of that i've pulled the plasterboard off and its made from 1" timber boxwork. Its definately not load bearing as above the ceiling are the ceiling joists which run the same way was the archway.

I know i'll have to put some noggin's to support the top batten of the wall.

But what I'm curious about is can I seal off two rooms with a doorway that already has an archway? But not get into trouble with the B.I for not notifying them.

Sponsored Links
Give them a call and have a chat to see what you can do.

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back