Subfloor cable routing for shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to put in an electric shower, only i would much rather have a wall mounted isolation switch on the outside of the bathroom wall instead of a ceiling mounted pull switch, and route the cable under the bathroom floor as this would be much more straightforward for me than going through the ceiling. is this permissable?

thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Yes, but the cable in the wall should follow the lines of least surprise, or be armoured/ conduit or earthed capping. The cabloe under the floor should be out of nailing distance (>50mm deep under the boards) or suitably protected.
Note the cable ratings may be differnt for a cable in a wall versus free air, you may need the next size fatter cable.

You should also ensure that you never share the house with any practical jokers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back