Suggested router bit for this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
do you have a half inch router and table ??

if you are trying to save money over the cost off buying the skirting it wont work

what exactly are you trying to achieve??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I have a 1/2 inch router and it is not skirting board. It is trim board that goes up the side of the house that you put fibre cement soffit board onto then tile.

I am doing an extension, self build. This is just one very small part of.

The house is only 10 years old. It's a Potton timber framed house so to keep everything the same I've purchased windows to match existing from them and also 2nd fix timber as well, of which this trim is part. I thought it would come from Potton as in the pictures, but it came without the bead on it so I'm guessing the bead was done by the chippies when the house was built.

What I'm trying to achieve is matching the new trim board to existing.

I shall check out the links suggested, cheers

Do you know what Aunsh, you may have just hit the nail on the head!

Many thanks for that, I think that one you suggested it as near as dammit!

Failing finding something even closer, I'll order that one.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that. I think the Trend one is a slightly smaller version of what I need. Same shape tho'

Now some of these bits are saying fixed head router recommended, but surely I should be ok with a normal router if I take it easy? Mines got variable speed so I won't go mad.

The C dimension is 39mm and looks similar to your last image.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back