Suitable shower for this setup ?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bathroom setup has a high pressure hot feed from the combi boiler, but the bathroom has a tank fed cold water from the loft in a tenement building.

I dont fancy trying to supply the bathroom with mains cold.

What type of shower could be best suited to this setup ?.

Regards
Alan

Sponsored Links
Would a Venturi shower work in this situ ?

Should i consider a restricting valve on the hot supply ?

Anyone ?

Al

Venturi showers are strictly for HP cold and LP hot, not vice versa.

A lot depends on the head available from the cold feed tank. In a tenement building this could easily be over 1.0 bar (10 metres height). The hot from the combi might have a similar pressure when flowing (even if the static pressure is much higher), so a typical thermostatic mixer valve might work fine.

Thanks Chris,

The flat in question is on the ground floor of 3 levels (inc. ground).
The cold feed is easily stopped using a thumb over the outlet, I assumed the pressure was very low.

Should i measure the flow rates from both ?, would this help me to buy the correct thermostatic mixer ?.

Regards
Alan

Sponsored Links
For most showers to get them to operate properly it will be necessary to fit a pump on the cold to produce an equal pressure to the dynamic hot pressure at the shower.

Tony

I'm sure some Mira Showers allow a multitude of unbalanced scenarios by omitting\fitting flow restricters to the high pressure C or H inlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back