Sunk Quarry Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so we have a 1910 Victorian terrace house which has quarry tiles in the middle downstairs room. At all the entranes to the room (through to Kitchen, Loiunge and up to the stairs) the quarry tiles have all sunk so there is a drop.

We have had a couple of quotes to dig them up, seal the floor with a mastic floor layer and lay concrete - we then plan to lay laminate on top.

The quotes range from: £600 to dig up 2 inch through to 1500-2000 to dig up 12 inches.

What would people's advice be on how far to dig down.

Cheers

Leigh

Sponsored Links
im sure when i say i can speak for most on here that without looking at it, it is next to impossible to say how much it would cost

Depending on how well fixed they are and weather it would cause a step between rooms I would think it could be possible to screed over them and lay laminate on top.

Sponsored Links
i guess the other problem here is that you need to find out WHY its sunk, no good rectifying the top 12 inches if your on top of an old mine shaft...... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back