Supply to a garage with TT to house

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't apply on an all RCBO set-up though would it. (assuming no up-stream TD RCD)

You can't really get away from having an upstream RCD as the feed to the outbuilding will be in SWA or similar.

I was just drifting away from the topic with regard to Rob's general statement about single pole RCBOs being forbidden in TT systems :oops:

Yeah, I'll look that up, but I seem to remember it being the case, even for an all RCBO setup :confused:

Didn't think they were explicitly forbidden, but they won't clear N/E faults, so 100ms later the incomer will trip, and take out the whole installation, which could be construed as a contravention...

Sponsored Links
I know the regs say that in a system other than TN that circuits must be disconnected from all live conductors but one switch can fulfil this for a number of circuits ie a main switch.

Didn't think they were explicitly forbidden, but they won't clear N/E faults, so 100ms later the incomer will trip, and take out the whole installation, which could be construed as a contravention...

Only if there's a RCD upstream which needn't be the case in an all RCBO set-up.

True - I was thinking about the traditional 16th TT CU, but with RCBOs instead of a split with a 30mA RCD....

From a non regs POV if you had a fault causing a N-E short on a single RCD pole protected circuit on a TT system then you'd end up with a pretend TN-CS system which could be dangerous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back