Suprima 30 Diverter Valve / Actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I've been having issues with our boiler (or rather, the diverter, I think) and wanted some advice before I commit to buying parts.

Problem started with CH not coming on. Full reset (powering off the entire system) would work tempoarily fix it, then this stopped happening.

I was then switching the diverter manually and back which would fix the system usually for a couple of days to a week, CH and HW would come on, off as per the timer, no issues.

Then the switch on the actuator on top of the diverter snapped off.

So, I'm looking to get it replaced, I have a guy who recommended replacing the entire valve system (210 ex vat) which seems excessive. The actuator is about 45 ex and a valve is a tenner at most.

I don't mind replacing the whole thing if I need to but would rather save the 150 quid + difference.

Anyone have any advice?

Sponsored Links
Make and model of the diverter would help. The Suprimas I know are heat only boilers. Is this valve in your airing cupboard?

I would replace that with the Honeywell equivalent. If yours is a 3 port, then the h/well v4073 is the choice of most on here. Stuff paying Potterton prices. The h/well valves are ultra reliable, and spares are cheap if needed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back