Suprise Suprise - it had to happen 2 me ( BATH )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well well, fitted bath somwhat,

turns out, the side wall of the room ( parition wall ) is NOT SQUARE with the room !

thus , I have about a 2-3 INCH gap on the corner of the bath !!!!!

guys, i need your wisdom in this matter,

WHAT CAN I use to fill the gap ?

ALSO - bath is upstairs, and Im paranoid about water spills, is there some what to protect against water splashes etc ?

I mean the floor under the bath is just floorboards , should I put may a small sheet of LINO ?

I think someone mentioned earlier, something to do with WOODEN STUDDING to fit under rim of bath on wall ?

WHAT THIS ABOUT ? sounds usefull could be a water barrier too ?

BOOGSY

::::::::::::::the more I try, the more I try:::::::::::::::::::::::

Sponsored Links
I'm not a tradesman but I have just put my bathroom in. Similar but not so large gap. I squared the bath up as best I could with both the end and side wall. Concentrated on the longest therefore eyecatching wall and used 4x2 batten along the length and end of the bath with vertical supports to hold the weight.. Fixed the bath to those and tiled across the "gap" (with a very slight slope towards the bath-just a couple of degrees) creating a very small shelf effect looks great and with proper use of sealent does not present a water problem

Carve a groove into the wall to get the gap down, and put battens on the wallto support the rim "just". Then fill the gap with sanitary silicone.

You'll find white p[lastic quadrant in Wickes etc (for dg windows) - it looks quite smart, bridges a gap and covers most of the silicone. About 1" wide would hopefully do. It's made many a potential ugly mess look smart. Handy round shower trays too.

brilliant advice, cheers...........

so glad I can get my large hammer out again !!!

4x2 ? here I come !!!!

:)

Sponsored Links
That groove is a good idea Chris ...as long its not too deep of course :LOL:

I had a gap all along the long side after I had squared up as much as possible. Starting at half an inch at the tap end opening to about 1 1/2 inch at the other so not too bad. I still moved the bath to give 2 1/2 -3 1/2 gap so the "shelf" doesn't show the diff at all to the eye very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back