Swift Flow 75-Not staying lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a Glow Worm Swift Flow 75 Combi Boiler which will not stay lit, the pilot lights but as soon as you try to turn the knob to the 'on' position it goes out.

We have had some problems with cold radiators recently and we were draining the system in preparation for a sludge treatment, after we refilled the radiators the problem occurred.

Thanks for reading.
Paul

Sponsored Links
hello - thermocouple replaced and now stays lit but when you turn heating on or hot water it goes out again after a few seconds??????
:(
Thanks
Paul

its might be the fan unit a common problem on these boilers ,it should run at slow speed even when there is no demand to supply combustion air for the pilot :idea:

Sponsored Links
I would suggest calling an RGI in to service it and clean/inspect all the gas parts. Could be a blocked pilot injector.

And / or fan is siezed and when boiler 'fires', the lack of combustion air causes flame lift - thus extinguishing pilot.

There is no p/s on this boiler, so main burner will fire even if the fan is ker-nackered.

Dave

We had a new fan and SIT valve only about eighteen months ago, The fan is constantly running and increases in speed when you turn the heating on. I think its time to call somebody out :confused: :confused:

Why would draining the system lead to these problems?

Thanks everybody for your help

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back