switch heating on - nothing. Hw on ok, HW + Heat ok...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Condensing conventional boiler (not a combi) baxi barcelona

From the programmer:

If I switch the heating on, the light on the controller comes on, but no power goes to the boiler.

If I switch the hot water & heating on through the controller both lights come on and the boiler lights up and fires. I then get hot water and heating (although not as hot).

This is a fault, rather than normal.

What's wrong, and what if anything could I do to give me more heating - I don't want hot water at all?

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Motor valve might not be wired correctly...

Some older programmers dont have CH only function for some reason.

This is a fault, rather than normal.

This was a statement rather than a question. What I was trying to sum up was that it only went wrong a couple of days ago.

As it goes it happened, on a day when a 'fuse' was tripped on the main fuse box.

Is there likely to be a fuse local to the motorised valve?

More likely that fault in heating system caused the breaker to trip. Installing boiler without a roomstat is cutting corners, could well be that other parts of the installation are not as good as they could be.

When we had the system overhauled and a new boiler put in 8 years or so ago. We specifically asked not to have a room thermostat, as we wanted individual control in each room via the trv's.

what make is the valve.

There are 2 x 2port valves

both are drayton acl lifestyle p/n 679 h308-30L1

I guess in the meantime I could swap them over. (I don't want hw just ch for now) I've read there a button to press to release the valve.

Is it the button at the top end, ie above the text. Do I just push this and lift it off?[/img]

When we had the system overhauled and a new boiler put in 8 years or so ago. We specifically asked not to have a room thermostat, as we wanted individual control in each room via the trv's.

That was wrong and your installer should have told you!

You still need a room stat even when you have TRVs ( which you must have now anyway! ). Thats unless you have one of the few boilers which have a flow detection device to identify when all the TRVs are closed.

Tony

Not sure what was "wrong"?

The boiler needs a small change to the wiring connections if all the rads have trv's. However we deliberatly left a couple without trv's.

It seems to work fine for us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back