Switching Door Hanging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have two inward opening left hand opening doors in my house (bedroom doors), I've been told to switch the hanging to right hand opening so that the room has more useable space and so i can get a chest of drawers into the room
Is it worth me doing it myself or paying someone (i've been quoted twice at £70 for the pair).
Will it involve a lot of hassle... the house is old and i guiess the doors arent square...so i think i know the answer.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
dependant on your skills not to difficult if your saying you want to move the door from one side to the other[inside to outside]
you just move the hinges accross the width of the door [turned around] :LOL: rotate or turn round the sloping part off the lock and move the striking plate over you may also have to move the door stop

if its accross the door youve got to swop the hinges and locks over and move the light switch
another point to notice if you do swop the direction of opening within a room you will gain little or no wall space advantage due to the swing off the door

£ 70 isn't a bad price for the job. Depends how much hassle you want ;)

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back