System boiler in place of a regular boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been offered a 26kw Veissman system boiler for a decent price. How hard is it to convert from my existing regular vented boiler? I have an old floor-standing Potterton boiler at present & am converting to a new efficient type. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hard is a relative term and its not usually the boiler change thats the issue, its the other items such as pipework that tend to be a problem.

The main difference will be your new system will be pressurized and depending on what your installer is going to do, the pump and valves may become within the boiler as opposed to externally mounted systems.

My worry whenever I do anything like this is the prospect of a leak on your CH, most gravity systems will ahve about 0.5bar of pressure. The Viessmann will probably need 1 bar minimum. Thus, its prudent to check/change the rad valves and any compression joints. Solder joints usually blow out, its uncommon for them to have a weep type leak (although not unheard of).

CE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back