Tamper fault gardtech CPX wireless pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I hope someone can help, I have an issue with tampers on a GardTech CPX system the pir's are wireless when a install them and try to test the system tells me there is a tamper fault. However I have checked and all the covers are fitted correct. I have even taken the boards out and held the tampers down yet still show as tamper error any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bell tamper? Box tamper? Low battery on a PIR?

If your PIR's LED flashes on transmission, check that it flashes when you close the lid. Also, listen for the tamper switch to click. If this doesn't look right, try stretching/bending the spring a little. Don't rush it, give it time to send the tamper restore signal...

Thanks for the reply, it's a PIR tamper, i know the battery is good as it is brand new, how long would you expect the system to show tamper before, the tamper reset is sent?

Sponsored Links
I don't know these particular devices but it should transmit the restore signal as soon as the unit's lid goes back on.

I would be inclined to open them up, count to ten slowly and close them again whilst trying not to trigger the PIR part...

Good luck! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back