tanking aqua panels + skimmed wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

So I have one battened wall, and one wall which is skimmed. I want to use aquapanel on the battened wall but then I would need to tank the skimmed wall. Can I tank aquapanels or will I need to seal the panels and tank the board ? Better yet, should I just use plasterboard and tank the whole thing ?

Sponsored Links
Well, its for a bathroom which will have a shower in the corner. One wall is skimmed, the other is going to be aqua panelled. The aquapanel should be fine in terms of water resistance, but what about the skimmed wall ? And the joint between the skimmed wall and teh aqua panel ?

In your case what I would use is waterproof tanking kit, you will be supplied with tanking coat, tapes, mesh and primer. Use a good make like "BAL"
And tank the whole area, may as well be better safe than sorry, for an extra £60 or so.

Sponsored Links
thanks, but wouldnt tanking the panels be over kill ? I could just use plasterboard and tank that ?

Water can still get through aqua-panels, they are not waterproof just resistant. It's up to you if you use them or PBs.
Belt'N'Braces! tank the lot, overkill or not, do it once, do it good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back