Taps red hot shower luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin all,

The problem I have, (apart from a nesh wife) is HW on taps are red hot but the en-suite shower is only quite warm no matter where the mixer dial is on the shower. 2nd shower (rarely used) is same make as other and temp is ok? But does sit below the cylinder

Mixer dial not working correctly, Im thinking? We also can't have 2 showers consecutively but I have always doubted the size of the cylinder for this house.

System:
2 x Gravity fed mixer showers (not electric & no shower pump in loft??)
Baxi Solo 24 HE condensing boiler
Centrecyl HE 85 or 120?? (will check)
Drayton Lifestyle 522 timer
all installed new 5 years ago

Any advice greatly received

Sponsored Links
See if there is debris in the filters.

If that makes no difference, I would be looking at replacing the cartridge (if your showers are identical, you could swap cartridge to test).

Al

Thanks for your prompt response pal,

Filters?? Where, on what compoment?

Cartridge?? Again where and what component?

The 2nd shower is very rarely used, so swappin any items out I can certainly do myself

Tell me more!

Sponsored Links
The nuts that connect the shower mixer to the supply pipes will probably have a small wire mesh filter to prevent larger debris entering the main mixer bodies. How easy it is to got to these will depend on whether the mixer is surface mounted or not.

A photo of what you have would help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back