Tears in new roofing felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having our roof replaced and the roofers have now laid the new roofing felt on and battoned down and will start tiling next week. However, having looked at their work from the inside I can see 4 very small tears in the membrane. Looking outside it looks like they have used gripbond pro adhesive & sealant over the top of each tear to seal it and the sealant has cured and is like rubber. Would I be silly to ask them to replace the felt knowing that once the slate is on it shouldn't leak and that the sealant is probably enough to stop any water ingress if the slates did leak?

I have also placed some gorilla patch and seal tape to the inside of the felt under each tear.

Sponsored Links
At the very least get them to tape over

A simple patch is easy enough . It doesn't require replacement ..unless of course it's battered
Ask them to use a patch from under the lap above or below if the holes are lower on the run

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back