teeing into internal cast iron soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help with this query

i have an internal cast iron soil stack that runs through my kitchen but is boxed in at present. iam thinking of installing a toilet in the understairs cupboard. to do this i would need to install a saniflo to pump the waste up and across the kitchen at ceiling level. i would just like to know if these cast iron stacks have any blanked off tees that i can connect into. whoever had the house last has led the sink waste away through the wall to a rain water drain so dont know where original sink waste went. i dont want to rip out the boxing in if theres no way of me teeing into the stack easily. the house was built in the 1950s if that helps

if anyone could advise that would be great thanks :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i think the short answer is yes you can get one of those diamond tipped cutters about a tenner and put it in your power drill. if it is ductile its a lot harder as its a bit more flexible and may crack

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back