Testing mains filter/suppressor on dishwasher

Sponsored Links
yes. It must have a better filter system than the old one. It does have a sensor for detecting amount of grime in the water. Possibly a photocell.

edit

yes it does
"The Aquasensor is an optical measuring
device (light barrier) which measures
the turbidity of the rinsing water.
The Aqua sensor is used according
to the programme. When the Aqua sensor
is active, “clean” rinsing water may be
transferred into the next rinsing bath
and/or the temperature adjusted. If the
turbidity is greater, the water is drained
and is replaced with fresh water. In this
way water consumption can be reduced
by approx. 4 litres."

Last edited:
... When the Aqua sensor is active, “clean” rinsing water may be transferred into the next rinsing bath and/or the temperature adjusted. ...
Fair Enough. Call me old-fashioned, but I think I'd prefer the washing to do be done in properly clean water (without the quotation marks)!

Mind you, returning to topic, even that "transferring into the next rinsing bath" would probably involve the pump, wouldn't it?

Kind Regards, John

I don't hear it changing the water, until it is ready for the post-wash hot rinse.

Presumably it would, if it considered the water to be dirty.

p.s.
you should see what happens in a "catering" dishwasher.

Sponsored Links
I don't hear it changing the water, until it is ready for the post-wash hot rinse. Presumably it would, if it considered the water to be dirty.
Indeed. Maybe the OP should put some filthy crockery into his and try that, just in case it's as new-fangled as yours :)

Kind Regards, John

Mine (Bosch) has an "Eco" program that re-uses some water during the wash cycle, but that program doesn't have a pre-rinse - in fact none of the programs do, the pre-rinse is a separate setting.

Mine (Bosch) has an "Eco" program that re-uses some water during the wash cycle, but that program doesn't have a pre-rinse ...
Ours (a humble Beko) has an "Eco" program, but we virtually never use it. When we first tried it, soon after we got the machine, it took so long to complete that we fault the machine was faulty. I've never looked into what that program actually does, other than to note that it does not have a 'pre-rinse'.
- in fact none of the programs do, the pre-rinse is a separate setting.
Same with ours.

Kind Regards, John

I've replaced the filter, restored mains and it didn't trip.
It now turns and fills but I've switched it off before it reached the point at which it "blew"
So I suspect the filter is ok and probably the fault is in the heater or pump? It had started to rinse when it tripped.

You haven't described the fault much.

I gather that something "trips"

Is it an MCB or an RCD?

Or, what is printed on the thing that trips?

A very common problem with dishwashers is that the heating element degrades with time, allowing moisture to penetrate, and causing an RCD trip when the cycle reaches the heating period. This might be about ten minutes after you start it up for a wash, but might not happen during a pre-rinse or "rinse and hold"

How old is your dishwasher, and what make?

I had a wm once that tripped the RCD at a point in its cycle.

Turned out to be a split hose and water spraying onto electrical thingummyjingammies.

My washing machine has pre rinses, overflow prevention, post washes, pot washes, bowl washes and only cost £1.
It's made of Green plastic and the make is "bowl". :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back