Testing Turbomax Plus Pump With Multimeter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can tell me what the ohms reading should be for the pump on my Turbomax Plus please. It's single speed. Also a way to test the start capacitor. I've got a basic multimeter.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You cannot test a capacitor with a basic multi-meter. Not sure what resistance of the pump should be, fairly low I would have thought. Perhaps this will help

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply and video suggestion. Tested the pump with meter, and it came out as 164 ohms. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Capacitor looks fine,. but as said in video, that's not always a good indicator of whether it works or not.

Sounds about right as a measurement of resistance. Test voltage to it, if it's there and it doesn't run replace it.

Sponsored Links
Electrolytic capacitors are dirt cheap if you can feel the pump humming when the supply is there then I would suggest that a new capacitor is all you need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back