Texecom alarm critical alerts not very loud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem with the texecom alarm app that it doesn't sound the critical alarm or any alarm very loud. I've spoken to our installer and they have said its just a Samsung thing they originally said that it was that our phones were too old but we have upgraded them to Samsung Galaxy A33. I've tried changing the alert sound for the alarm and it always reverts back to the original and the original is so quiet I didn't hear it the other day when it was in my bag (but I can hear calls). I've spoken to our installer who have said its a samsung fault, I have spoken to Texecom who have advised that the panel needs upgrading but I don't see how that could effect our samsung phones. Does anyone have any ideas please? Apparently there are some hidden settings in samsung phones does anyone know where these would be and if they would work?

The app version is 2.1.23
Panel type Elite 48
Firmware version 5.06.00
Smartcom version 04.01.03

If anyone could shed some light it will be great appreciated

Sponsored Links
Look at the app settings for the Texecom app.

There was a beta version of the app for the latest android phones, so dont know if that fairs any better with this issue currently.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried changing all the app settings but it doesn't seem to work and as far as I'm aware I'm on the latest app (which was suggested by our installer)

Sponsored Links
Your installer can upgrade the smart com and the panel remotely, if it fails however they may have to attend site.

I cant speak about specifically for your model of phone and its settings unfortunately unless I have one in front of me, same phone on same version of android set up the same way.... a lot of variables, I only became aware of the same phone on the same version of andriod can be built differently, so behaviour

When I say app settings, I dont mean inside the app, on most smart devices each app has setting stored within the phone.

So have you tried to look at what permissions are assigned to what apps? then specifically at Texecom connect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back