texecom elite 24 psu / battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking to replace a battery in the elite 24 panel to extend run time on power outage. The existing battery is 1 x 7ah and it charges with the 300ma jumper selected. The system is running at the upper threshold on the current draw side of things so couldn't really amend jumper to 750ma position and fit 17ah due to the system expansion.

Any suggestions would be good, can the battery splitter be used here on 300ma jumper setting for 2 x 7ah or can we fit a 17ah with 300ah jumper selected.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.....

Sponsored Links
I take it, it's a metal 24 elite ? As 7.0ah is the biggest battery you can get in a plastic 24 elite.

Sorry, yes it is the metal housing 24 elite... Can the 17ah get popped in there with the jumper set to 300ma???

Sponsored Links
Just fit 17amp battery with the jumper set at 750 ma this is only when charging a next to flat battery so it should be ok , if not fit extra power supply with a second 7.0ah battery.

Mine has the 17AH battery. Fills the space entirely. Very heavy though and it tends to strain the lower case edge a little, but no serious problem.

Still using the 300mA setting.

Guys, just researching the 17ah batteries... How are you pro's connecting these into the metal housing texecom panels. I was looking to connect a yuasa 17ah but the terminal connections are the threaded m5 bolts... Don't really want to cut and bodge in any silly eye terminals... Does anyone know of any nice leads / mounting terminals...Any suggestions, thanks

Make your own with crimps, to be honest I don't bother with the 17ah if it's non graded system just put 2x 7.0ah batts with two sets of leads, used to use the battery spitters but they don't make them anymore.

they cant use them on the elites as you cant complete the connections to make it work.

they keep saying they are going to do some but doesnt seem to be a priority.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back