Texecom Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok new here so give us a chance
i have veritas R8plus two external bell boxs (back and Front of house) a link to the pc (not working at mo) 2 door magnetics (Back and front) shock sensors on all windows im only using 6 zones so have 2 free

now the question i have is im just starting the build of a separate prefab garage which i need to bell up can i hook up to my r8plus and use a separate keypad and codes ie i want the finished product to work as a stand alone from the house setup but still using the bell boxs outside and the control panel

ok quick question about the pc link when i first stalled the alarm to the pc it worked fine but since i had new pc when i connect it the software says that r8plus control panel doesn't like it will this be resolved if i factory reset the alarm

Dvdskilton

Sponsored Links
No. The R8+ will only allow you to have one area on the system, so you would not be able to arm / disarm the garage seperatly.

The only way this could be done is by upgrading you whole system to a texecom premier system.

r8plus control panel doesn't like it

Can you expand on this a little?
What is the actual error message you receive?
Are you using the PCcom?
Is it connected by serial or USB?
Are you using the veritas UDL software?

Can you expand on this a little?
What is the actual error message you receive?
Are you using the PCcom?
Is it connected by serial or USB?
Are you using the veritas UDL software?

ok pc com yes
serial yes
i think that i was using udl software is there any other (which is the best simplest ect) i would have downloaded it from texecom sorry about the not sure, i think bit but its been a while since i tried which and from memory it was telling me on my pc while i was trying to connect that the alarm box code password or something like that was wrong and even thou i tried all the passwords codes ect that i new they were not working hence i gave up but i would like to get it back

as far as my trying to get the alarm to do 2 jobs as in my first question have i got it right that i can put the garage on its own zone.
the problem i have is i only bell the house up when i go out (empty house) but i want to no the garage is safe at night while im alseep so putting it in part set mode will do that wont it ??

dvdskilton

as far as my trying to get the alarm to do 2 jobs as in my first question have i got it right that i can put the garage on its own zone.
the problem i have is i only bell the house up when i go out (empty house) but i want to no the garage is safe at night while im alseep so putting it in part set mode will do that wont it ??

dvdskilton
yes you could have it on the remaining two zones, one for doors entry/exit (you did mention a keypad) and a pir for the rest of garage. problem is you do get a lot of spiders and furry things in the winter which could activate the pir? :eek:

Sponsored Links
I've got dual tech PIRs in my garage and shed, and have no trouble with false alarms. The garage has a lot of furry visitors in autumn, and its fair share of spiders too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back