Texecom Premier 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have the above with a com 2400 that sends text messages when certain users arm/ disarm.

I have Wintex and am able to remotely set/ unset the system.

Is it possible to remotely set or unset the system without using Wintex?

Either by sending a text/ call or online if I install a ComIP - is a Premier ComIP compatable with this panel?

Thanks.

Stuart

Sponsored Links
fit a gsm comm elite and pay as go sim you can set/ unset /reset/ partset via text message

Sponsored Links
Will it work with a premier 24?

What exactly will a comip allow me to do? I thought it allowed access to the panel over the Internet? Which will mean I no longer have to use a dial up modem?

I 'think' the comip works with new Premier Elites, but the comip isn't compatible with the original Premier 24 panels. Also I had in my mind again on older panels you couldn't bring up virtual keypad on wintex when connected with a comip (forgive me if thats wrong, its been a while).

Havn't fitted any comip's on any of the new Elite panels so they 'may' be better functioned now, I just can't tell you.

May wanna check with Texecom again but I thought you could arm/disarm by dialling into the com2400 itself and arm/disarm using touch tones, something along the lines of CODE then 1 (for arm) 2 (disarm) or 3 (reset). Again thats been too long.

I realise this post has been 99% unhelpful. :p

I love these toys.

Huh?

May wanna check with Texecom again but I thought you could arm/disarm by dialling into the com2400 itself and arm/disarm using touch tones, something along the lines of CODE then 1 (for arm) 2 (disarm) or 3 (reset). Again thats been too long.

This sounds like the sort of thing, but this is the first I have heard of it. Anyone know any more about this?

With my panel I can bring up a virtual keypad but I still need to use a dial up modem that I am trying to avoid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back