Texecom ricochet pir problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have installed a 48w texecom ricochet panel, all sensors are wireless, I'm having trouble trying to pair one of the pir's that came in the kit, I have two door contacts, and two other pir's which have been added to the system successfully, but this bugger is having none of it! The red led just stays lit all the time after battery insertion and the system won't see it, have I missed something guys or do you think the pir is faulty? It's the basic pet tolerant type with no auto learn etc.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
sounds to me like your not following the correct procedure for the unit.

what model pir is it and what zone is it being learnt to?

sorry if they are wireless pw's then they have the auto learn so it should be a case of battery in and the system being in a free slot ready to learn.

if its not learning then the slot may already be occupied, or the device leant on elsewhere in the system

The pir is a premier compact gbk-0001-p, I have followed the same procedure as the other devices I have learnt to the system, the ricochet zones start a number 9 i was trying to put this one on number 13 have also tried 14 and 15 the other devices are using 9-12 at present.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
start the learn process for zone 13, 14 and 15 and so on, each time as the count down is starting press reset, that should clear the slot

I'll try that thanks, just to note I took the sensors out of the box one at a time, labeled them with there zone then learnt the sensor put it to one side in a different room, then moved on to the next one, so sure it's not already learnt as I had to open it and pull the tab also, the red led on this one didn't flash like all the others when it was first powered, the led just came on and stayed on.

all you can do is go through the process and make sure its been done, if it still doesn't work after you have gone through all that then it may be faulty and get it replaced or contact texecom technical between 8 and 6 tomorrow.

Just an update on this thread......
It has been confirmed that the pir was faulty, after programming the replacement pir to the system all is good, fortunately the neighbour over the road has a ricochet system the suspect pir failed on his system too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back